Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
ABORIGINAL PEDAGOGY BOOK - 8 WAYS by Dr Tyson Yunkaporta
Aboriginal Pedagogy- Our Protocol for using this wiki
Best Aboriginal Pedagogy Practice
Staff delivering Aboriginal Pedagogy in 2016
2016 ABORIGINAL PEDAGOGY BOOK
8 ways Stamps Supplier PGSTAMPS
8 Ways... Creative and Productive Pedagogy Activities
8way - Bangamalanha Centre, RAET DET WNSW
8way planning checklist
8way resources, materials
8ways and Quality Teaching
8ways Whole-school e.g.
Aboriginal Community Consultation
Aboriginal pedagogy research review
Aunty Alma Jean Fishing
Aunty Doris' 8way yarns
Aunty Olga message stick
Basic maths remedial
Cultural Analysis Tool
e.g. Lightning Ridge
e.g. Orange - Wiradjuri
e.g. PE plans
E.G. Plumpton High School
Engineering student 8way pres
History and Technology
Hunter Sports High 8 Aboriginal Ways of Learning Presentation
I don't understand!
Minimbah Learning Journey- North Coast
Mr Beames Way- Brewarrina Central School
South Western Sydney Region ECT
Sydney - symbols and story
Sydney Kinder 8ways lesson
Sydney, Campbelltown East
Victoria University Master of Teaching Students
Visual culture way
Walgett Public School Rules
Wiki Quest - Guided Session
Your identity map
Sydney - symbols and story
8 Ways Lesson - Passing On Stories (Posted by South West Sydney Teacher)
My name is Ed Storey from Campbelltown East Public School. My following page took place over a series of art, writing, speaking and listening lessons. The aim was to show my Kinder class how a personal symbol or image can pass on a whole story about the topic. Our chosen topic was about our family and where we came from, for which we created texts without any writing shown on the images. This was also used to demonstrate how information and stories could be passed down through the years and generations.
Below are the different areas of the 8ways which were used:
Symbols and Images
- We discussed traditional ways of painting and leaving stories.
- We discussed things that could be used instead of paintbrushes and paint from a bottle such as sticks, leaves, rocks crushed up etc.
- We painted around our hands on black cardboard. This could be done on any surface.
- Using our theme of descriptions this term we wrote in a literacy lesson a description of our family. This was done to help kinder students to discuss and get their ideas out.
- Using this description we will use the information to have a discussion with another student in the other kinder class to show them our picture (no name) to pass on our individual story.
- We will then swap with the other class and they will do the same.
- Idea is to show how a symbol or image can pass on a whole story without any writing. Over time this could be passed down through generations etc.
- Using a symbol to pass on a message/story.
- We used the black cardboard and shared our symbol (handprint) with another student and passed our story on.
Campbelltown East Public School
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"